Reduce the share of oil in Israel’s transportation sector by 60% by 2025 while supporting green
growth and becoming a showcase to the world.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
• All relevant technologies should be enabled – not just one winning technology.
• Different segments need different solutions.
• Government should help build the infrastructure that supports reduction of oil consumption and put the right incentives in place.
• Special focus on the segments that will have the greatest impact: Trucks, buses and taxis represent only a small percent of the number of vehicles, but consume about 30% of the fuels.
• Applying ITS and smart mobility solutions can improve efficiency and reduce fuel consumption.
Turn Israel into a center of knowledge and industry of alternative fuel technologies and smart mobility by supporting an array of tools to further the lifecycle of a product from basic research all the way to commercialization.
AMONG OUR TOOLS
• New multidisciplinary academic research centers
• New research infrastructure
• Research grants
• Entrepreneurial community support
• Investments in companies and startups
• “One-stop shop” for stakeholders in the field
Emphasis is put on field experiments and demonstrations of significant scope that will reduce new technology’s time-to-market.
Raise the world’s awareness of alternative fuels and smart mobility; build a global coalition to speed up innovation.
To accelerate the process of finding fuel substitutes and solutions, the world must join forces. The Fuel Choices and Smart Mobility Initiative is building a global partnership network, a working coalition, among multiple governments, research centers, NGOs, and business partners.
The Initiative aims to facilitate cooperation between fuel alternatives players from around the world. In tandem, the Initiative aims to increase the flow of information surrounding technology, regulation, and public awareness, so that different players may benefit from each other’s knowledge and experience.